If you are between the ages of 6 and 18, boy or girl, then we have a place for you on the rugby pitch. Just click on the Map icon to the right and find the closest Club to your home. Click on the bubble and a dialogue box will pop up that will give you all the pertinent information on the Club and its contacts. Then contact the Club and join the greatest sport on earth. It is that easy.
The rugby playing season (2014 Season) runs from January through April, and into May for those Teams in High School that make the Playoffs. High Performance (All-Stars) runs from middle of May to the end of June, and beyond if Players make the Regional or National Teams. High School matches are generally on Friday evenings and Middle School and younger are on Saturdays or Sundays. It varies from Club to Club, but most Clubs practice once or twice a week in the evenings. During the season you can expect to spend between 8 and 12 hours of time practicing, playing and travelling to matches. The time commitment for rugby is generally far less than other organized team sports, and so it allows you to stay current and focused on other important things, such as getting good grades in school.
Currently the NCYRA has twelve (12) playing Divisions (and growing), as described below:
- Boys Single School Varsity
- Boys Single School Junior Varsity
- Boys High School Varsity Gold (highly competitive)
- Boys High School Varsity Silver (less competitive)
- Boys Junior Varsity Gold (competitive for Freshman and Sophomores)
- Boys Junior Varsity Silver (less competitive for Freshman and Sophomores)
- Girls Varsity Gold
- Girls Varsity Silver
- Coed Middle School* (6th, 7th or 8th grades – no league standing or scores are kept)
- Coed Under 12* (must be 11 or under on September 1, 2013 – no league standing or scores are kept, purely for introduction to the sport and having fun)
- Coed Under 10* (must be 9 or under on September 1, 2013 - no league standing or scores are kept, purely for introduction to the sport and having fun)
- Coed Under 8* (must be 7 or under on September 1, 2013 - no league standing or scores are kept, purely for introduction to the sport and having fun)